The supermarket shop isn’t what it used to be.
These days it’s hard to know when the best time to go shopping is… it has to fit around your shift and home schedule, you want to minimise the number of trips and your exposure to crowds, BUT you don’t want to find empty shelves.
Fortunately, most of the major supermarkets have put on dedicated NHS shopping times to help us with exactly this. Yet another gesture we are so grateful for.
The information below is correct to the best of our knowledge at time of publishing.
We will try to keep this list as up-to-date as possible, but please do check the associated links to ensure that the information is still correct.
- an additional hour every Tuesday and Thursday
- browsing hour before checkouts open on Sundays
- all stores except Express stores
- every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8am to 9am
- Sundays 9am to 10am for browsing
- in ‘larger stores’ only
- every Monday to Saturday – 6am to 7am
- Sundays – 9 – 9:30am
- 10% off all shopping for NHS staff too (from Thursday 16th April for 12 weeks)
- Monday to Saturday – 7:30 to 8am
- dedicated browsing time every Sunday, 30 minutes prior to the store opening time
- Tuesday and Friday morning – first hour
- no dedicated shopping times as such, but
- proportion of hard-to-find and essential products set aside for NHS staff
- none at present
Happy shopping and don’t forget to BRING YOUR BADGE!
#loveNHS #covidkindess #supermarketdash